The Woodbury Community Library is seeking a friendly, collaborative, book lover. If you like people of all ages, enjoy working with children in an informal educational setting, and like learning new things, you might be the right person for the library.
This job will begin as an assistant librarian position, with training to take over as librarian in 3-6 months. The ideal candidate will:
- enjoy reading and talking about books
- have some computer skills and feel comfortable helping others with technology questions
- be friendly and responsible with children who use the library after school
- demonstrate creative energy to design events for all ages
- work in partnership with the school to best utilize the shared space of the library building and grounds
- communicate and listen well
- feel a strong sense of community and interest in developing the library to enhance the town
- commit to learning about library administration and work towards Public Library Certification over time.
A bachelor’s degree is recommended, but no formal library training is necessary. Training will be provided as well as support during the learning process. Compensation will depend on experience and skills. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact Susan at the library at 472-5710 or email@example.com.